Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm Still Alive . . .

Whoa, talk about neglect.  I haven't done my thing here in a long time but then conditions haven't been exactly optimal.

First, I've finally moved from the establishment where I resided for almost seven years.  Seven Years!  Wow!  I can't believe that I managed to survive in that sub-standard environment for that long.  In my new apartment, I have my own kitchen and bathroom and after three months they are still a novelty for me.  I can actually brew a pot of coffee, make toast and microwave something all at the same time without tripping a circuit breaker.  And what can I say about the luxury of having one's own bathroom - strolling into that little room, coffee in hand and a book under one's arm without apprehension of someone rattling the door, urging you to "Hurry up, I gotta go, man."

It's so nice to live like a regular person once again instead of a visitor in some cheap hotel for an extended period.  I'm still not able to afford a hi-speed wired connection so I'm communicating via wireless.  At least where I'm living now, the population density isn't so high that the wireless nodes are overwhelmed most of the time.  I'm actually getting quite good speeds, most of the time, from the free Municipal Wireless.  At least it's allowing me to make contact and publish this little blurb.

Exploring some of the more interesting sites, I came across the linuxologist's site where I found this humourous - at least to us linux geeks - article regarding a play on some UNIX/Linux command line commands.  Here's the gist of the article summed up into a picture:



Just click on the image which will take you to the actual article.  There are some other interesting articles and features but it looks like the author is suffering from the same Writer's Block that has resided in my consciousness for a time since the most recent article is from May of this year.  Hopefully, he will return with some more interesting insights.

I guess that's it for now.  I just wanted to pop by with a little something to tell y'all that I'm still around and hopefully will fill these pages with all sorts of interesting, informative and innovative drek.

Later, kiddies . . .

   ~A~




No comments:

Post a Comment